Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fat to fit Friday Patience and persistence

  Ugh. Ok. I lost a total of 4.5 lbs in September. The past two weeks I've been at a bit of a standstill. My computer is broken, my scale quit working and I've been in a bit of a funk. I turned 39 on the 1st and this was my first birthday without my mom. Once I had a good cry and got past my birthday, I started feeling better. I am amazed at how much better I feel.  I was really out of it and didn't want to to anything or go anywhere. I didn't keep my food journals or make any effort to work in extra exercise. I did try to limit my portions and eat high protein, high fiber foods. I also avoided bringing junk food into the house when I went to the grocery store. If it wasn't there, I couldn't eat it. As far as exercise went, I did make myself walk the kids home from school and a couple of days I wore ankle weights. Then I congratulated myself on being persistant in the face of blah.
   We're new to the community and I haven't met many people yet in large part because I'm actuall kind of a shy person.  The isolation hasn't helped my mood at all. So when the PTA had a Coffee Connections meeting the other morning, I went.  I got to meet a few of the parent volunteers and everyone was so nice. I left feeling a little more hopeful. Conversation with outher adults was rejuvenating. I realized I needed to be patient with myself and take "baby steps".  Exercise one step at a time (or one crunch or whatever). Change my eating habits one meal, one bite at a time. Build relationships one person and one activity at a time. And encourage myself one baby step at a time.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment